Every Picture Has A Story To Tell...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Decorating Children's Board Books

Have any old children's board books?.  If so...hang on to them and make them into a cute little scrapbook.  They come in so many sizes and shapes.  You can even get the board books with a cute little handle and tie ribbon off it.  I used the Kaleidoscope Girlz paper by...the angel company. 









The first thing I did was cover the outside and then add a solid blue binding, so it looked like a book.  I added some stickers, cutouts, and a button to the front.


On each page I did the same thing I did to the cover.  I put down paper then added embellishments.  I never added pictures...was thinking about giving it as a gift.  That way...they could put in their own pics.  I think it would be a great gift to give a younger girl.  They could add pictures of their friends.  I loved all of the bright colors and patterns this paper offered.  Take a look below at the pages. Hope you like it!








4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! Cute!


    I have an award for you on my blog: http://greengirlscraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I actually just went through my kids books last week to make room for new stuff so I have a few board books just waiting to be turned into works of art. Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! My kids are grown and I'm not sure where their books are, probably in the attic. But this could be done with any books, or used books from the library. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great. I actually have a stack of board books that I was thinking about donating...but now. Welcome to blog world.

    ReplyDelete